Property Managers juggling many properties know how much of a headache it can be to try to track down documents designated for each property.
ManageCasa's file and document storage tool is a dropbox-like solution that will take the hassle out of document management, and keep you organized.
You can read more here about how to use the Files module.
But which files should you be uploading in the first place?
There are two principal categories of documents that you will want to upload to ManageCasa.
- Documents that need to be shared with tenants, service pros and rental owners.
- Documents that you want stored for easy digital access and organizational purposes.
The first batch includes any type of document that requires multiple collaborators, such as an invoice for upcoming maintenance, a lease agreement, or a property management agreement.
The second group includes all other private files related to the property. If you've ever gone through the process of purchasing a home, you know just how many documents you receive at a closing. These might include:
- Real Estate Transfer documents like the deed, the bill of sale, the affidavit of title and transfer tax declarations.
- Home Loan documents like the note, the mortgage, the loan application and the loan estimate and closing disclosure.
- Real Estate Title declarations like the title insurance commitment.
- Insurance documents which provide a record and proof of insurance.
Many of these documents are critical come tax season and ALL of them are essential if you ever want to sell the property. Storing and organizing these files on your ManageCasa profile ensures that you will always have quick and easy access to them.
If you have any further questions about storing files and documents on ManageCasa, don't hesitate to contact us.