The Income Statement is one of the core reports offered by ManageCasa, providing a summary of income and expenses over a given period of time for a property.
Often also referred to as a Profit & Loss (or P&L) statement, running Income Statements is a great way to quickly determine your net gains or losses over a given period of time, and then provide a detailed report to your rental owners.
Creating an Income Statement on ManageCasa is easy:
- Navigate to the Reports Module
- Click on the Income Statement icon
- Input the Rental Owner and/or Property for which you would like to run the report
- Select the period for which you would like to run the report, or enter a custom date range
- Select either Consolidated or Detailed
Note: Consolidated will accumulate totals for each transaction category, while Detailed will break out each individual transaction into its own line item.
6. Select either Cash or Accrual depending on which Accounting type you are following.
Note: Remember that Cash-basis income statements count the transaction on the date the payment is made: for instance, a payment meant for July but received in June will show on the income statement in June, whereas Accrual-basis income statements report on the charges, not the payments.
7. Select the interval for which you would like to run your report
8. Click the Run Report Button
Your report will be generated, and you will be presented with the option of exporting it as a PDF, as an Excel File, or Saving and Sharing it directly with your Rental Owner through ManageCasa.
Still have questions?
Open the round conversation icon on the lower right corner and ask us anything.