The Cash Flow Statement is one of the core reports offered by ManageCasa, and as its name suggests, provides an overview of the cash flow for a property over a given period of time.
Cash Flow Statements are particularly useful to property managers utilizing the accrual method of Accounting, as they quickly demonstrate how your property or properties cash position has changed over a select period of time.
Creating an Cash Flow Statement on ManageCasa is easy:
- Navigate to the Reports Module
- Click on the Cash Flow Statement icon
- Input the Rental Owner and/or Property for which you would like to run the report
- Select the period for which you would like to run the report, or enter a custom date range
- Select either Cash or Accrual depending on which Accounting type you are following.
- Select the interval for which you would like to run your report
- Click the Run Report Button
- The cash flow statement does not technically show available cash, but rather the change in cash over a period of time
- Net income on a cash flow statement is tied to the income statement run for the equivalent period
- Cash on the start date of the period will be tied to the balance sheet run as of one day prior to the start of the period. For instance, if the period is April, cash on the start date represents the total as of March 31.
Your report will be generated, and you will be presented with the option of exporting it as a PDF, as an Excel File, or Saving and Sharing it directly with your Rental Owner through ManageCasa.
Still have questions?
Open the round conversation icon on the lower right corner and ask us anything.