The General Ledger is one of the core reports offered by ManageCasa, displaying all of the debits and credits related to every transaction associated with a property over a given period of time.
This is a useful report for viewing how a specific transaction was recorded for an account, as well as seeing a sum total of all credits and debits broken down by account. For properties with a vast number of transactions, it is normal for this report to be quite long. Note that even if a property’s account has a final balance of $0, the general ledger will still show a record of transactions that occurred during the period.
Creating an General Ledger Report on ManageCasa is easy:
- Navigate to the Reports Module
- Click on the General Ledger icon
- Input the Rental Owner and Property for which you would like to run the report
- Select the period for which you would like to run the report, or enter a custom date range.
- Select either Cash or Accrual depending on which Accounting type you are following.
- Click the Run Report Button
Your report will be generated, and you will be presented with the option of exporting it as a PDF, as an Excel File, or Saving and Sharing it directly with your Rental Owner through ManageCasa.
Still have questions?
Open the round conversation icon on the lower right corner and ask us anything.