The General Journal is one of the standard reports offered by ManageCasa, which displays all of the transactions associated with a property over a given period of time.
This report serves as a record of your double-entry bookkeeping, and you can easily reference it to see a list of all transactions in order by date. Remember that the total amount debited and the total amount credited should always be equal for each of your properties, to ensure the accounting equation is maintained.
Creating an General Ledger Report on ManageCasa is easy:
- Navigate to the Reports Module
- Click on the General Journal icon
- Input the Rental Owner and Property for which you would like to run the report
- Select the period for which you would like to run the report, or enter a custom date range
- Select either Cash or Accrual depending on which Accounting type you are following.
- Click the Run Report Button
Your report will be generated, and you will be presented with the option of exporting it as a PDF, as an Excel File, or Saving and Sharing it directly with your Rental Owner through ManageCasa.
Still have questions?
Open the round conversation icon on the lower right corner and ask us anything.