Important note: before you import property data, add your contacts into ManageCasa. This way your owners will be properly assigned to your properties on ManageCasa.
To import Rental Properties into ManageCasa:
1. Navigate to Manage --> Bulk Upload
2. Select Properties from the list of Data Types.
3. Complete the spreadsheet, entering all of the details about your properties.
Guidelines on required fields:
- Property Type: Select the appropriate property type from the provided dropdown menu. Make sure to choose "Multi-Unit Residential" for apartment buildings with multiple units.
- Address Line 1: Enter the primary address of the property.
- City, State, Zip Code, and Country: Provide complete address information for the property.
- Measurement Type: Select the desired unit of measurement from the dropdown menu (square feet or meters).
- Bank Account: Enter the name(s) of the primary bank account(s) used to operate the property. Separate multiple accounts with a comma if applicable.
- Unit Number (if applicable): Include the unit number for the property or unit.
- Unit Type (for multi-unit properties): Specify the unit type for each unit entered.
- Property Name: Assign a name to the property if desired. Useful for referencing buildings with specific names.
- Owner Name: Establish the relationship between property owners and each property or unit. Enter the owner's full name or email address. Separate multiple owners with a comma. Ensure these owners exist as contacts in your ManageCasa account.
- Bedrooms, Bathrooms, and Size: Enter the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as the property size.
- Description: Include any additional information or notes relevant to the property.
Before uploading the file, ensure that you have created the necessary bank accounts in ManageCasa, using the exact same names provided in the upload file. If a bank account name is unknown to the system, the upload will fail.
4. Drag the completed spreadsheet into the application or click the upload button to the box and select import.