If you receive a form of payment that is not electronic through our ePayment service, manually recording the payment will update the charge on the payee’s portal and your accounting records. Whether it’s via check, cash, or a third-party payment system, properly tracking these payments will ensure that your reports are up-to-date.
How to record a manual payment
This guide will walk you through the steps to recording a payment through the Accounting module. Please keep in mind that these steps can be applied anywhere you are able to view a transaction. Other sections of your account where you can apply these steps include (but are not limited to) the contact details, property details, and lease details via the “transactions” tab.
- Click on Accounting in the left menu
- Click on the Transactions tab at the top of the screen
- Either click on the transaction or click on the ellipses next to the transaction and select Receive Payment
- Scroll down and click on Record Payment to enter the details of the manual payment
- Click on Record Payment to save the payment and update the transaction
Still have questions?
Open the Support conversation icon on the lower right corner and ask us anything.