Lease agreements are at the very core of the relationship between landlords/property managers and tenants, providing the legally binding documentation for the relationship.
ManageCasa enables landlords and property managers to efficiently define the terms of a lease and generate automated accounting transactions. The system updates all relevant accounts and contacts, taking out the busy work of property management.
The updated Lease app allows landlords and property managers to:
- Differentiate between tenants and property occupants
- Add one or more tenants to a lease
- Specify rent amount due and payment schedule
- Define grace period and late payment fees
- Include prorated rent amounts
- Concede rent for a specific period
- Add additional rental fees such as parking fees, pet fees, etc
- Backdate the lease and generate automated payments
- Save a lease in progress for editing later
Create a Lease Agreement
- Navigate to Manage on the left side menu. Select the Lease Agreements tile.
- Click the blue Add Lease button on the new screen to create new lease.
- You will be directed to a new screen to define the terms of the lease agreement. This includes the following:
- Provide a unique alphanumeric lease number for every lease you create for your own tracking purposes.
- You can upload and store an existing lease agreement in addition to defining the terms in the text fields below.
- Specify the properties, tenants, and occupants
Occupants represents individuals who are authorized to reside in the rental property but do not sign the lease. This may include under-aged children.
- You can define Terms of Tenancy, Rent Payment and Schedule, Grace Period, and Late Payment Fee details, which will automatically update in your accounting module.
- You can click Save and continue later to save your work and return to it later. You can see a summary view of the agreement and make edits.
- Once all the terms are finalized, click Publish to notify your tenant(s) that the lease is ready to be viewed and signed. The tenant will be able to view the lease in the Leases tab on their profile.
Publishing the lease also generates automated transactions as you specified.