If you have not already completed steps 1 through 3 in our setup guide, please be sure to check them out. These articles will walk you through entering your data, verifying your company, and preparing your accounting information.
In this last step, you will be setting up your deposit methods (banks accounts you expect money to be collected to) and payment methods (bank accounts you expect to make payments with).
How to connect a bank account
- Click on Accounting in the left menu
- Click the Bank Accounts tab at the top
- Either select an existing bank account to edit, or click Add to create a new account
- Once you select the account to edit, you will see two sections: Deposit Method and Payment Method. Follow the instructions on screen to complete the connection of your account.
Please note that if you would like to set up the bank account as both a deposit method and payment method, you will need to follow the setup for each section
- Once connected, you will see your bank account status update
Checking that all of your bank accounts are connected will ensure that money is correctly routed to where you expect and can be used as a payment method when paying a charge. If you do not connect your bank account to your physical account, you will not be able to use it to collect/pay charges.
Great! You have now reached the conclusion of our setup guide. You should now have all of your data prepared, your company verified, your accounting data up-to-date, and your bank accounts connected. To review any of the previous steps, follow one of these links:
- Part 1: Getting started
- Part 2: Verify your business and your identity
- Part 3: Set up your accounting
Still have questions?
Open the Support conversation icon on the lower right corner and ask us anything.